- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you.
- Nominate people (comment on their blog to let them know).
- Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions.
QUESTIONS FROM KEVA ROSE
1. Mountains or the beach? Why?
This one is tough because I love both but I think I would ultimately have to choose the mountains. I went to Colorado a few years ago with my husband and just fell in love with the place. There is something that keeps calling me back but I don’t know exactly what it is.
2. What is your favorite food?
3. Where do you find yourself spending most of your time?
Hm. Probably at work sadly. Either at work or at home studying. I live an exciting life.
4. What is your favorite comedy film?
Life of Brian
5. If you could create a color, what would it be and why?
Ok, bear with me here. It would be called “sandwich” and it would be maybe a brown color? So at the Mall of America there is this thing called “Crayola Experience” and you can go and make a crayon and name it. My husband was coming up with colors for his box of crayons and he invented sandwich which made us laugh hysterically (it was 3am and we were sleep deprived after traveling). We never went to make it but there it is.
6. When you were a child, what did you dream about becoming as an adult?
I really wanted to be an OB/GYN. But then I realized I’d have to go to medical school forever and that quickly became a non-dream.
7. What first sparked your interest in writing?
I think it was my grandma. She was always telling me these amazing stories that she’d just make up on the spot. I spent so much time with her as a child and she always encouraged me. I don’t remember that spark or light bulb ever going off. I just remember always writing and my grandma’s stories so it has to be her.
8. What was your worst subject in school?
Math. Which is funny because I am actually good at math now. I just had teachers who told me I wasn’t good at it because I was a girl.
9. Do you prefer coffee or tea?
Coffee. All day every day. I think I am about 90% coffee at this point.
10. Laptop or desktop? Why?
Laptop for writing, desktop for gaming. I know, it’s a non-answer but my laptop is great for writing when the inspiration hits but it’s not powerful enough to game.
11. If you had to live on a deserted island for a month, what are six items you would bring with you?
-Battery power supply
-Deck of cards
QUESTIONS FROM KATE
1. What was your most memorable dream or nightmare?
I have vivid memories of a nightmare where I had to chase a pingpong ball down a pipe while Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee were chasing me. I had that dream so many times as a kid.
2. When you were a kid what silly thing were you deathly afraid of?
Losing one shoe down the drainage sewers in my neighborhood.
3. What is your biggest fear now?
Something happening to my husband or kids.
4. If you could instantly know how to speak another language, what language would you choose to know?
5. When does time pass the fastest for you and when does it pass the slowest?
Fastest: During the weekend
Slowest: At work
6. What was the strangest gift you’ve ever received?
A bottle of holy water from the river Jordan and some dirt from the mountain where Christ was supposedly crucified. I think I scream heathen and people try to purify me.
7. What weird smell do you really enjoy?
Tomato leaves. Have you ever smelled them? They smell so refreshing!
8. If you could talk to animals, which animal would you talk to and what would you ask?
I really want to talk to my cat. She’s always mewing at me and she seems to have a lot of emotion in her noises so I want to know what she’s saying about me.
9. Would you rather live in the wilderness far from civilization or live on the streets of a city as a homeless person?
Wilderness. Living in the big city, I’ve seen how homeless people are treated and I don’t ever want that.
10. If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
What is my purpose on this planet?
11. Where do you see yourself in ten years from now?
You know, I’ve spent so much of my life planning where I would be in x-number of years and it never turns out that way. So in ten years, I hope I am happy, healthy and doing something that I love and that I am surrounded by family and friends. No major plans, just contentment.
Since I’m so late to the game and many of you have already been nominated, I leave it to you whether you want to answer the questions
Also, feel free to nominate yourself. There are so many amazing writers out there and I love getting to know people. If you feel like you deserve this award, take it, my friend.
MY QUESTIONS TO THE NOMINEES
- What is your least favorite book?
- Would you rather eat the same meal every day for the rest of your life or never eat the same food twice?
- Chocolate or candy?
- What is your favorite snack food?
- What song is on repeat for you right now?
- If you could only listen to one musical artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?
- Who is your favorite author of all time?
- Do you like pickles?
- If you could have any job in the world, what would you be?
- Favorite video game (other than The Sims)?
- Why did you start playing The Sims?
Whew! That was exciting! Thank you again to Kate and Keva Rose!